Purpose and Aims
As an affiliated member of the worldwide community of Desmo Owners clubs, to encourage an active community of Ducati enthusiasts in Scotland, based upon an informal, sociable and democratic approach.
- The Club will operate with the minimum of formal rules but always within the guidelines set out by Ducati for affiliated clubs worldwide.
- Five office bearers (President, Vice-President/Treasurer, Secretary, Events Co-ordinator & Member without portfolio) should stand for re-election at each annual general meeting (AGM).
- Office bearers to be elected after nomination and seconding and by simple majority of voting members through a show of hands by those present at meetings as well as by counting of email votes from those voting members unable to attend the AGM.
- In the absence of formal rules all interaction will be conducted applying common sense and mutual respect between members.
- Membership will be by application via the club website (www.scottishducaticlub.org) and charged at £10 for the first year for new members and £5 thereafter for renewal.
- Membership to be renewed each year in the interests of maintaining an active membership.
- Members will be categorised as national (Scottish residents) or overseas members. All members will be entitled to vote at club meetings.
- While taking part in club events members will act in a manner which does not damage the reputation of the club or of the motorcycling community in general.
- Members bringing the club, or the name of Ducati, into disrepute may be expelled from the club at the discretion of the four office bearers, by a majority decision, following complaints from fellow members.
- The club will maintain a bank account in the name of Scottish Ducati Club. The President will nominate a minimum of three signatories, each being a currently serving committee member, to the account, including his/her self and all payments from the account shall be authorised by at least two of the current signatories.
- Club funds should be accounted for by a committee member designated by the President and should not be allowed to accumulate beyond a level seen as necessary to make anticipated up-front payments on behalf of the club for regalia, accommodation for club events, etc.
- The Club accounts should be reviewed and approved by a competent volunteer appointed by The President before being submitted to members at the AGM.
- The club may acquire certain items of equipment for use only in club events.
- In the event that the club ceases any remaining club funds shall be donated to a charity to be agreed by the club.
Last updated 24 February 2020