Purpose and Aims
To encourage an active community of Ducati enthusiasts in Scotland, based upon an informal, sociable and democratic approach.
- The Club will operate with the minimum of formal rules.
- Five office bearers (President, Vice-President/Treasurer, Secretary, Events Co-ordinator & Member without portfolio) should stand for re-election at each annual general meeting (AGM).
- Office bearers to be elected after nomination and seconding and by simple majority of voting members through a show of hands by those present at meetings as well as by counting of email votes from those voting members unable to attend the AGM.
- In the absence of formal rules all interaction will be conducted applying common sense and mutual respect between members.
- Membership will be by application via the club website (www.scottishducaticlub.org) and charged at £10 per annum.
- Membership to be renewed each year in the interests of maintaining an active membership.
- Members will be categorised as national (Scottish residents) or overseas members. All members will be entitled to vote at club meetings.
- While taking part in club events members will act in a manner which does not damage the reputation of the club or of the motorcycling community in general.
- Members bringing the club into disrepute may be expelled from the club at the discretion of the office bearers, by a majority decision, following complaints from fellow members.
- The club will maintain a bank account in the name of Scottish Ducati Club. The President will nominate a minimum of three signatories, each being a currently serving committee member, to the account, including his/her self and all payments from the account shall be authorised by at least two of the current signatories.
- Club funds should be accounted for by a committee member designated by the President and should not be allowed to accumulate beyond a level seen as necessary to make anticipated up-front payments on behalf of the club for regalia, accommodation for club events, etc.
- The Club accounts should be reviewed and approved by a competent volunteer appointed by The President before being submitted to members at the AGM.
- The club may acquire certain items of equipment for use only in club events.
- In the event that the club ceases any remaining club funds shall be donated to a charity to be agreed by the club.
Last updated 20 February 2022